Beaumont Village
Telephone: 01252 346700
Follow us on our Social Media: Facebook
Beaumont Village Beaumont Village Beaumont Village Beaumont Village Beaumont Village Beaumont Village
Last updated:


Sadly, but perhaps not surprisingly, the Hospital at Aldershot went through a long period of decline after the Second World War. The stables were still used but more often than not only as a temporary facility for visiting mounted regiments whilst stationed in Aldershot. The Household Cavalry used the stables during the late 1950's and early 1960's and the last group to use the facilities as official barracks were the RC Transport Mules, who finally disbanded in 1965.

The stable blocks were taken over by the Royal Military Police; the Police left in 1995 and handed over the remaining stable blocks to the Garrison Stable Club.

The Infirmary Stables and Veterinary Hospital in effect ceased to operate in 2000 when the Garrison Stable Club left the site; the land was sold to Beaumont Village in 2000.

Beaumont Village

Click here to return to the Village History page.

Contact us by calling 01252 346700, emailing:
or click here to fill in our Enquiry Form.

Click on the image below
to view a gallery of Beaumont Village
Click here to contact us
via our Enquiry Form